Now that Steve Bannon has been exiled from the White House, it’s no exaggeration to say that Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump are probably the two most influential advisers in the West Wing. Both are trusted by President Trump, and both could also be complicit in the growing Russia scandal.
But what exactly do we know about Jared and Ivanka, who are now known by the moniker “J-Vanka?”
Well, there’s the basics:
- They were married in 2009.
- They have three children together, a daughter and two sons.
However, much remains unknown regarding the couple, and it seems only natural that we should know more about these very important figures. So here’s 11 facts about J-Vanka that will add to our growing knowledge of the two, while at the same time possibly leaving you cringing.
1. Ivanka told Forbes that Jared and her father “initially bonded over a combination of me and real estate.”
So Jared and Donald “love” Ivanka, but they also love money and skyscrapers with their names on them.
2. Ivanka included a Trump golf course promotion along with her wedding invitations.
According to the New York Post, it was a flier for “Donald’s other golf properties,” while the New York Times reported that “an insert offered guests a free round of golf at one of Mr. Trump’s courses.
Yep, she’s her daddy’s daughter, all right.
3. They gave flip-flops and “a book in Hebrew” as wedding favors.
The flip-flops had “Jared” and “Ivanka” on the insoles along with a tag reading, “A Great Pair.”
Worst. Wedding. EVER!
4. Ivanka went on The View without wearing her wedding ring.
“I was engaged for three months and then I’ve been married around eight days, so it’s sitting on my bedside table. I forget about the hardware.”
5. Jared talks about their relationship in business terms.
Jared has this to say about his “marriage” to Ivanka:
“I would say she is definitely the CEO of our household, whereas I’m more on the board of directors. We both pick up slack for each other where it’s needed, but she doesn’t want to outsource mothering, so she’s very involved.”
6. Ivanka describes their first date as “the best deal we ever made!”
Sounds soooo romantic, doesn’t it?
7. Ivanka said the best gift Jared ever gave her was “an immersion blender.”
Yeah, nothing says “I love you” like kitchen utensils. Just ask your wife. And be prepared to run if you give her the same thing as a “gift.”