David Letterman looks a bit different these days. For one thing, he’s got a beard, and it looks pretty good on him.
The former “Late Show” host made a surprise appearance at Steve Martin and Martin Short’s “A Very Stupid Conversation” event Friday night in San Antonio, Texas. It was his first appearance onstage since he officially retired in May.
But Letterman said he’s now kind of sorry he went into retirement before Donald Trump made his official announcement to seek the 2016 GOP Presidential nomination:
“I retired … and I had no regrets. None. I was happy. I was complacent, I was satisfied, I was content. And then a couple of days ago, Donald Trump said he was running for president. I have made the biggest mistake of my life, I tell you.”
Letterman also came armed with a list entitled, “Top Ten Interesting Facts About Donald Trump,” and here it is:
10. That thing on his head was the gopher from “Caddyshack.
9. During sex, Donald Trump calls out his own name.
8. Donald Trump looks like the guy on the lifeboat with the women and children.
7. He wants to build a wall? How about building a wall around the thing on his head?
6. Trump walked away from a moderately successful television show for some delusional bull … oh no wait, that’s me.
5. Donald Trump weighs 240 pounds — 250 with cologne.
4. Trump would like all Americans to know that thing on his head is free range.
3. If president, instead of pardoning a turkey on Thanksgiving, he plans to evict the family on Thanksgiving.
That’s not a hairdo, it’s a wind advisory.
2. Donald Trump has pissed off so many Mexicans that he’s starring in a movie called “No Amigos.”
1. Thanks to Donald Trump, the Republican mascot is also an ass.
Yes, it was classic Letterman, and I for one hope he returns on a regular basis to make fun of whoever he decides deserves it.
Watch Dave Read His Trump Top 10 List